Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Author Index: Ha||Thomas Hardy
British novelist, short story writer, and poet of the naturalist movement|
The icon identifies that the work includes a spoken word version.
The year given is the year of first publication in book form.
- Desperate Remedies (1871)
- Under the Greenwood Tree (1872)
- A Pair Of Blue Eyes (1873) (Commons file)
- Far from the Madding Crowd (1874) vol I (transcription project); vol II (transcription project)
- The Hand of Ethelberta (1876)
- The Return of the Native (1878)
- The Trumpet-Major (1880)
- A Laodicean (1881)
- Two On A Tower (1882)
- The Romantic Adventures of a Milkmaid (1884)
- The Mayor of Casterbridge (1886)
- The Woodlanders (1887)
- Tess of the d'Urbervilles (1891)
- Jude the Obscure (1896)
- The Well-Beloved (1897)
- Wessex Tales (1888)
- Three Notable Stories (1890)
- A Group of Noble Dames (1891)
- Life's Little Ironies (189https://m.facebook.com/groups/1450524941631112?view=permalink&id=2004466356236965&funlid=FODJ4Z0bUQrxlgvF4)
- A Changed Man and Other Tales (1913)
- "The Distracted Preacher"
- "The Fiddler of the Reels" in Scribner's Magazine, May 1893 (Included in Life's Little Ironies, 1894)
- "The Grave By The Handpost"
- "Interlopers at the Knap"
- "An Imaginative Woman"
- "An Indiscretion in the Life of an Heiress," 1878, as serialised in Littell's Living Age
- "A Mere Interlude" in The London Magazine, Vol 10, 1903
- "Old Mrs Chundle"
- "On the Western Circuit" in English Illustrated, Vol 9(?), 1891-92
- "The Three Strangers"
- "The Withered Arm"
- Wessex Poems (1898)
- Poems of the Past and the Present (1902)
- Time's Laughingstocks (1909)
- Satires of Circumstance (1914)
- "The Abbey Mason" in Harper's Magazine, 1912
- After a Journey
- At Castle Boterel
- The Blinded Bird
- "Channel Firing", 1914
- Cry of the Homeless
- "The Darkling Thrush", 1900
- Friends Beyond
- The Going
- "The Going of the Battery, Wives' Lament", 1899
- The Haunter
- His Visitor
- In a Eweleaze Near Weatherbury
- "The Man He Killed", ?
- Nature's Questioning
- Neutral Tones
- "Night in a Suburb (Near Tooting common)" in Harper's Magazine, Dec 1911
- Rain on a Grave
- "The Satin Shoes. A quiet tragedy", in Harper's Magazine, Jan 1910
- Satires of Circumstance
- "A Trampwoman's Tragedy" (1903)
- "The Two Rosalinds" in Collier's, Mar 20, 1909
- The Walk
- "A Wife In London", December 1899
- "Weathers", ?
- Without Ceremony
- Your Last Drive
- From A Treasury of War Poetry, ... 1914-1919 (1917):
- "The Oxen", The Year's at the Spring, 1920.
Works about Hardy
- “Hardy, Thomas, LL.D.,” in A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature, by John William Cousin, London: J. M. Dent & Sons