Author:Thomas Robert Malthus
|←Author Index: Ma||Thomas Malthus
|English political economist and demographer who expressed views on population growth and noted the potential for populations to increase rapidly.|
- An Essay on the Principle of Population (1798)
- An investigation of the cause of the present high price of provisions  (1800)
- Observations on the Effects of the Corn Laws (1814) (External scan)
- An Inquiry Into the Nature and Progress of Rent (1815) (External scan)
- Principles of Political Economy (1820)
Works about Malthus
- “Malthus, Thomas Robert,” in A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature by John William Cousin, London: J. M. Dent & Sons, 1910.
- Mr. Malthus, by William Hazlitt. Essay in The Spirit of the Age.
- “Malthus, Thomas Robert,” in Dictionary of National Biography, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1885–1900) in 63 vols.
- “Malthus, Thomas Robert,” in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911