Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Author Index: Sp||Thomas Sprat
|English divine; bishop of Rochester and dean of Westminster|
- The History of the Royal Society of London, for the Improving of Natural Knowledge (1667}
- Observations on Sorbiere's Voyage into England, in a Letter to Mr. Wren (1668)
- The rehearsal: as it is now acted at the Theatre-Royal (1675)
- A sermon preached before the King at White-Hall, Decemb. the 24th 1676 (1676)
- A true account and declaration of the horrid conspiracy against the late king, His present Majesty, and the government (1685) - an account of the Rye House Plot
- The works of Mr Abraham Cowley (1688)
- A relation of the wicked contrivance of Stephen Blackhead and Robert Young against the lives of several persons by forging an association under their hands (1722)
- Sermons Preached on Several Occasions (1722)
- To the Happie Memory of the most Renowned Prince Oliver, Lord Protector (1659),
- The Plague of Athens, which happened in the second year of the Peloponnesian War (1709)
Works about Sprat
- "Thomas Sprat" in The Lives of the Most Eminent English Poets: with Critical Observations on their Works (1783), by Samuel Johnson, Volume 2, pp.260-268.
- "Sprat, Thomas," in Dictionary of National Biography, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1885–1900) in 63 vols.