Author:Tycho Ottesen Brahe
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Author Index: Br||Tycho Ottesen Brahe
|Danish nobleman known for his accurate and comprehensive astronomical and planetary observations.|
- An English translation of most of the Mechanica was printed in Copenhagen in 1946 as Tycho Brahe's description of his instruments and scientific work, translated and edited by Hans Raeder, Elis Strömgren, and Bengt Strömgren.
Works about Brahe
- Brahe, Tycho (1632). V.V.S., ed. Learned: Tico Brahæ his astronomicall coniectur of the new and much admired * which appered in the year 1572 (in English). London: BA and TF. OCLC 22142171.
- “Tycho Brahe” in Encyclopædia Britannica (9th ed., 1878).
- Tycho Brahe: a picture of scientific life and work in the sixteenth century by John Louis Emil Dreyer, 1852–1926 (1890)
- "Brahe, Tycho," in Encyclopædia Britannica (11th ed., 1911)
- "Tycho Brahe" in Kepler (1920) by