(Redirected from Author:W. Bagehot)
|←Author Index: Ba||Walter Bagehot
|English publicist and economist, editor of the Economist newspaper|
- Estimates of some Englishmen and Scotchmen, 1858 external scan
- The English Constitution (1867) first ed., (1894) seventh ed.
- Physics and Politics; or, Thoughts on the Application of the Principles of 'Natural Selection' and 'Inheritance' to Political Society (1872); review by Alfred R. Wallace in Popular Science Monthly Vol. 3 (May 1873)
- Physics and politics; or, Thoughts on the application of the principles of "natural selection" and "inheritance" to political society, 1873 external scan
- Lombard street: a description of the money market, 1874 external scan
- Some articles on the depreciation of silver and on topics connected with it, 1877 external scan
- Literary studies, 1879 vol 1, vol 2
- Economic studies (editor), 1880 external scan
- Biographical studies, 1881 external scan
- Essays on parliamentary reform, 1883 external scan
- The postulates of English political economy, 1885 external scan
- Works, 1889 vol 1, vol 2, vol 3, vol 4, vol 5
- A practical plan for assimilating the English and American money, as a step towards a universal money, 1889 external scan
Articles in Popular Science Monthly
Works about Bagehot
- “Bagehot, Walter,” in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911
- “Walter Bagehot” in Littell's Living Age, 133 (1715)
- “Bagehot, Walter,” in The New Student's Reference Work, Chicago: F.E. Compton and Co. (1914)
- “Bagehot, Walter,” in A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature by John William Cousin, London: J. M. Dent & Sons, 1910.
- “Bagehot, Walter,” in Dictionary of National Biography, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1885–1900) in 63 vols.
- "Walter Bagehot" in Studies of a Biographer vol. 3 by Leslie Stephen