(Redirected from Author:W. Bagehot)
|←Author Index: Ba||Walter Bagehot
|English publicist and economist, editor of the Economist newspaper|
- The English Constitution (1867) first ed., (1894) seventh ed.
- Physics and Politics; or, Thoughts on the Application of the Principles of 'Natural Selection' and 'Inheritance' to Political Society (1872); review by Alfred R. Wallace in Popular Science Monthly Vol. 3 (May 1873)
- Lombard Street: A Description of the Money Market (1873) New edition: (1917)
Articles in Popular Science Monthly
Works about Bagehot
- “Bagehot, Walter,” in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911
- “Walter Bagehot” in Littell's Living Age, 133 (1715)
- “Bagehot, Walter,” in The New Student's Reference Work, Chicago: F.E. Compton and Co. (1914)
- “Bagehot, Walter,” in A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature by John William Cousin, London: J. M. Dent & Sons, 1910.
- “Bagehot, Walter,” in Dictionary of National Biography, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1885–1900) in 63 vols.
- "Walter Bagehot" in Studies of a Biographer vol. 3 by Leslie Stephen