|←Author Index: Ba||Walter Bagehot
|English publicist and economist, editor of the Economist newspaper|
- Estimates of some Englishmen and Scotchmen (1858) (External scan)
- The English Constitution (1867) first ed., (1894) seventh ed.
- Physics and Politics; or, Thoughts on the Application of the Principles of 'Natural Selection' and 'Inheritance' to Political Society (1872, 1873) (External scan)
- Lombard Street: A Description of the Money Market (1873, 1874, new ed. 1917)
- Some articles on the depreciation of silver and on topics connected with it (1877) (External scan)
- Literary Studies (1879) (External scans (multiple parts): 1, 2)
- Biographical Studies (1881) (External scan)
- Essays on parliamentary reform (1883) (External scan)
- The postulates of English political economy (1885) (External scan)
- Works (1889) (External scans (multiple parts): 1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
- A practical plan for assimilating the English and American money, as a step towards a universal money (1889) (External scan)
- Economic studies, 1880 (External scan)
Articles in Popular Science Monthly
Works about Bagehot
- “Bagehot, Walter”, in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911
- “Walter Bagehot,” in Littell's Living Age, 133 (1715)
- “Bagehot, Walter,” in The New Student's Reference Work, Chicago: F.E. Compton and Co. (1914)
- “Bagehot, Walter,” in A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature by John William Cousin, London: J. M. Dent & Sons, 1910.
- “Bagehot, Walter,” in Dictionary of National Biography, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1885–1900) in 63 vols.
- "Walter Bagehot" in Studies of a Biographer vol. 3 by Leslie Stephen