Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Leaves of Grass (1855–1891)
- "Manly health and training, with off-hand hints toward their conditions", under pen name Mose Velsor, New York Atlas, Vol 21, no 17, September 1858 (reprinted in Walt Whitman Quarterly Review, Vol 33, nos 3/4, Spring 2016).
- Drum-Taps (1865) (external scan)
- The Prairie States (1880) (external scan)
- Specimen Days in America (1887) (external scan)
- Democratic Vistas, and Other Papers (1888) (external scan)
- Complete Prose Works (1897) (external scan)
- Autobiographia; or, The story of a life (1892) (external scan)
- Memories of President Lincoln, and other lyrics of the war (1904) (external scan)
- Songs of Democracy (1919) (external scan)
- The Poetry of the Future (1881) (external scan)
- "Song of Myself"
- "O Captain! My Captain!"
- "Crossing Brooklyn Ferry"
- "A Noiseless Patient Spider"
- "When I Heard the Learn'd Astronomer"
- "I Hear America Singing"
- "Earth! my Likeness!"
- "This Is What You Shall Do"
- "With Husky-Haughty Lips, O Sea!"
- "Poem of Joys"
- "In Cabin’d Ships at Sea"
- "The Mystic Trumpeter"
- "I hear it was Charged against Me"
- "O Hymen! O Hymenee!"
- "On the Beach at Night"
Works about Whitman
- "Whitman, Walt," by Rossiter Johnson in The American Cyclopædia (1879)
- "Whitman, Walt," in Appletons' Cyclopædia of American Biography, New York: D. Appleton and Co. (1889)
- "Whitman, Walt," by William Peterfield Trent in The New International Encyclopædia, New York: Dodd, Mead and Co. (1905)
- "Whitman, Walter or Walt," in A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature, by John William Cousin, London: J. M. Dent & Sons (1910)
- "Whitman, Walt," in Encyclopædia Britannica (11th ed., 1911)
- "Whitman, Walt," in The Encyclopedia Americana, New York: The Encyclopedia Americana Corporation (1920)
- "Whitman, Walt," in Collier's New Encyclopedia, New York: P. F. Collier & Son Co. (1921)
Poems about Whitman
- "W. W." (1892) by Edmund Clarence Stedman
- "Walt Whitman" by Jaroslav Vrchlický (1919)
Parodies of Whitman
Some or all works by this author were published before January 1, 1928, and are in the public domain worldwide because the author died at least 100 years ago. Translations or editions published later may be copyrighted. Posthumous works may be copyrighted based on how long they have been published in certain countries and areas.