|←Author Index: Wh||Walt Whitman
An American poet, essayist, journalist, and humanist.|
The icon identifies that the work includes a spoken word version.
- Leaves of Grass (1855-1891)
- Drum-Taps (1865) external link
- The prairie states, 1880 external link
- Specimen days in America (1887) external link
- Democratic vistas, and other papers (1888) external link
- Complete prose works (1897) external link
- Autobiographia; or, The story of a life (1892) external link
- Memories of President Lincoln, and other lyrics of the war (1904) external link
- Complete prose works. Specimen days and Collect, November boughs and Good bye my fancy (1910) external link
- Songs of democracy (1919) external link
- The poetry of the future (1881) external link
- "Song of Myself"
- "O Captain! My Captain!"
- "Crossing Brooklyn Ferry"
- "A Noiseless Patient Spider"
- "When I Heard the Learn'd Astronomer"
- "I Hear America Singing"
- "Earth! my Likeness!"
- "This Is What You Shall Do"
- "With Husky-Haughty Lips, O Sea!"
- "Poem of Joys"
- "In Cabin’d Ships at Sea"
- "The Mystic Trumpeter"
- "I hear it was Charged against Me"
- "O Hymen! O Hymenee!"
- "On the Beach at Night"
Works about Whitman
- “Whitman, Walt” by Rossiter Johnson in The American Cyclopædia, 1879.
- “Whitman, Walt,” in Appletons' Cyclopædia of American Biography, New York: D. Appleton and Co. (1889)
- "W. W." (1892) by Edmund Clarence Stedman
- William Peterfield Trent, “Whitman, Walt,” The New International Encyclopædia. New York: Dodd, Mead and Co., 1905.
- “Whitman, Walter or Walt,” in A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature by John William Cousin, London: J. M. Dent & Sons, 1910. article in A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature
- “Whitman, Walt,” in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911
- “Whitman, Walt,” in The Encyclopedia Americana, New York: The Encyclopedia Americana Corporation (1920)
- “Whitman, Walt,” in Collier's New Encyclopedia, New York: P. F. Collier & Son Co.
- Unlaunch'd Voices, An Evening with Walt Whitman — Copyrighted in the United States Keamy, Michael Z. A Play. Behemoth Media. 1998.
Parodies of Whitman