Author:Edmund Clarence Stedman
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Author Index: St||Edmund Clarence Stedman
|American poet, critic, and essayist|
This author wrote articles for the 1911 Encyclopædia Britannica.
Articles attributed to this author are designated in EB1911 by the initials "E. C. S."
- Victorian Poets (1875)
- Edgar Allan Poe (1881)
- “William Blake, Poet and Painter.”, The Critic (New York) 1 (1): 3, 15th January 1881
- Poets of America (1885)
- The Nature and Elements of Poetry (1892)
- Genius, and other essays (1911)
- Poems, Lyrical and Idyllic, 1860
- Alice of Monmouth: an Idyl of the Great War with other poems, 1864
- A Reconstruction Letter, 1866
- The Blameless Prince, and other poems, 1869
- Complete Poetical Works, 1875
- Hawthorne, and other poems, 1877
- Lyrics and Idylls, 1879
- The poetical works of Edmund Clarence Stedman, 1885, etc.
- Poems, now first collected, 1897
- Mater Coronata, 1900
- The poems of Edmund Clarence Stedman, 1908
- Victorian Anthology, 1895
- American Anthology, 1787-1899, 1900
- A Library of American Literature, (eleven volumes, 1888-90)
- Works of Edgar Allan Poe (ten volumes, 1895)
- Life and Letters of Edmund Clarence Stedman (two volumes, New York, 1910)
- Raven; illus. by Gustave Dore. With comment by Edmund C. Stedman. N. Y., 1884. (Folio)
- "To the Reader", an introduction to The Garden of Years and Other Poems by Guy Wetmore Carryl (1904).
- To Florence Earle Coates, 29 December 1904.
Contribution to Appletons'
- "Taylor, Bayard," in Appletons' Cyclopædia of American Biography, New York: D. Appleton and Co. (1889)
Contribution to The American Cyclopædia (1879)
Works about Edmund Clarence Stedman
- "Stedman, Edmund Clarence," by Bayard Taylor in The American Cyclopædia (1879)
- "Edmund Clarence Stedman", versions of a poem by Florence Earle Coates
- "Stedman, Edmund Clarence," in Encyclopædia Britannica (11th ed., 1911)
- "Stedman, Edmund Clarence," in The New Student's Reference Work, Chicago: F.E. Compton and Co. (1914)