Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Author Index: Ta||James Bayard Taylor
|American writer and translator|
- Views Afoot, or Europe seen with Knapsack and Staff, two volumes, (1846) - link is to single volume edition of 1852.
- Views a-foot, Project Gutenberg
Eldorado, or Adventures in the Path of Empire (1850)
- Volume 1
- Volume 2
- Home authors and home artists; or, American scenery, art, and literature (1852)
- A Journey to Central Africa, or Life and Landscapes from Egypt to the Negro Kingdoms of the Nile (1854)
- The Land of the Saracens, or Pictures of Palestine, Asia Minor, Sicily, and Spain (1854)
- A Visit to India, China, and Japan in the Year 1853 (1855)
- "The Birth of the Prophet" (1855)
- Northern Travel (1857)
- Travels in Greece and Russia, with an excursion to Crete (1859)
- At home and abroad: a sketch-book of the life, scenery, and men (1859)
- "Joseph and His Friend: A Story of Pennsylvania" (1870)
- "The Story of Kennett"
- "Hannah Thurston: a story of American life" (1868)
- "John Godfrey's Fortunes, related by himself"
- "Beauty and the Beast, and Tales of Home"
- Beauty and the Beast, and Tales of Home, Project Gutenberg
- "The Song in Camp"
- "To His Horse"
- Lars; a pastoral of Norway, and other poems (1873)
- Home Ballads (1882)
- Poems of the Orient (1882)
- The poetical works of Bayard Taylor (1892)
- Hand-book of literature and the fine arts : comprising complete and accurate definitions of all terms employed in belles-lettres, philosophy, theology, law, mythology, painting, music, sculpture, architecture, and all kindred arts (1852)
Contribution to The American Cyclopædia (1879)
Works about Taylor
- "The Life and Letters of Bayard Taylor" edited by Marie Hansen-Taylor and Horace Elisha Scudder (1885)
- "To Bayard Taylor" by Sidney Lanier (1879)
- "Under the Cedarcroft Chestnut" by Sidney Lanier
- "Bayard Taylor" by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow (1879)
- “Taylor, Bayard” in Encyclopædia Britannica (9th ed., 1875–1889).
- The Story of Kennett, Project Gutenberg