Author:William Francis Butler
Jump to navigation Jump to search
For authors with similar names, see Author:William Butler.
|←Author Index: Bu||William Francis Butler
|British army officer, writer and adventurer|
- The Great Lone Land: A Narrative of Travel and Adventure in the North-West of America (1872) (external scan)
- The Wild North Land, Being the Story of a Winter Journey, with Dogs, across Northern North America (1873; 2nd ed. 1874) (external scan)
- "Charles George Gordon"
- "Oliver Cromwell in Ireland," in Studies in Irish History, 1649-1775 (pp. 1−65), (ed.) by Richard Barry O'Brien, Dublin: Browne and Nolan (1903)
Works about Butler
- "Butler, Sir William Francis, G.C.B.," in A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature, by John William Cousin, London: J. M. Dent & Sons (1910)
- "Butler, William Francis," in Dictionary of National Biography, 1912 supplement, London: Smith, Elder, & Co. (1912) in 3 vols.
- "Butler, William Francis," in Men of the Time (eleventh edition), by Thompson Cooper, London: George Routledge and Sons (1884)
- "General Sir William Francis Butler," in Catholic Encyclopedia, (ed.) by Charles G. Herbermann and others, New York: The Encyclopaedia Press (1913)