Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 'Medical Commentaries; Part I. Containing a Plain … Answer to Professor Monro, jun., interspersed with Remarks on the Structure, Functions, and Diseases of the Human Body (1762-4) 2 pts
- 'Anatomia Uteri humani gravidi Tabulis illustrata,' (1774)
- 'Two Introductory Lectures delivered by W. H. to his last course of Anatomical Lectures. To which are added some Papers relating to Dr.Hunter's intended Plan for establishing a Museum in London for the Improvement of Anatomy,' (1784)
- 'An Anatomical Description of the Human Gravid Uterus and its Contents,' (1794)
'Medical Observations and Inquiries'
- 'On Aneurysm' (vols. i. ii. iv.),
- 'On Diseases of the Cellular Membrane' (ii.),
- 'On the Symphysis Pubis' (ii.),
- 'On Retroverted Uterus' (iv. v. vi.)
- 'On the Uncertainty of the Signs of Murder in the case of Bastard Children' (vi.)
Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society
- "Of the structure and diseases of articulating cartilages" in Philosophical Transactions, 42, pp. 514–521
- "Observations on the bones, commonly supposed to be elephants bones, which have been found near the river Ohio in America" in Philosophical Transactions, 58, pp. 34–45
- "An Account of the Lymphatic System in Birds; By Mr. William Hewson, Reader in Anatomy: In a Letter to William Hunter, M. D. F. R. S. and by Him Communicated to the Society" in Philosophical Transactions, 58, pp. 217–226
- "An account of the Nyl-ghau, an Indian animal, not hitherto described" in Philosophical Transactions, 61, pp. 170–181
Works about Hunter
- "Hunter, William (1718-1783)," in Dictionary of National Biography, 1885-1900, London: Smith, Elder, & Co. (1885–1900) in 63 vols.
- "Hunter, William," in Encyclopædia Britannica (11th ed., 1911)
Some or all works by this author were published before January 1, 1928, and are in the public domain worldwide because the author died at least 100 years ago. Translations or editions published later may be copyrighted. Posthumous works may be copyrighted based on how long they have been published in certain countries and areas.