Executive Order 10179
By virtue of the authority vested in me as President of the United States and as Commander in Chief of the armed forces of the United States, it is ordered as follows:
- There is hereby established the Korean Service Medal, with suitable appurtenances, for award, under such regulations as the Secretaries of the Army, Navy, and Air Force may severally prescribe, and subject to the provisions of this order, to members of the armed forces of the United States who during any period between June 27, 1950, inclusive, and a terminal date to be fixed by the Secretary of Defense shall have served within the area or areas of military operations in the Korean theater.
- The regulations prescribed by the Secretaries of the Army, Navy, and Air Force pursuant to paragraph 1 hereof shall be uniform so far as practicable and shall be approved by the Secretary of Defense.
- The term ‘‘Korean theater’’, as used in paragraph 1 hereof, shall be defined in the regulations prescribed pursuant to the said paragraph.
- No person shall be entitled to more than one award of the Korean Service Medal.
- The Korean Service Medal may be awarded posthumously.
The White House,
November 8, 1950.
- Amended by: