Executive Order 10628
By virtue of the authority vested in me by Article 56 of the Uniform Code of Military Justice (established by the Act of May 5, 1950, 64 Stat. 107), and as President of the United States, it is hereby ordered as follows:
- The suspension of limitations upon punishments for violations of Articles 82, 85, 86(3), 87, 90, 91(1) and (2), 113, and 115 of the Uniform Code of Military Justice, made by Executive Order No. 10247 of May 29, 1951, is hereby terminated as to offenses committed after the effective date of this order.
- Punishments for offenses in violation of these Articles by persons under the command of, or within any area controlled by, the Commander-in-Chief, Far East, or any of his successors in command committed on and after the effective date of this order shall be subject to the limitations prescribed by the Table of Maximum Punishments, paragraph 127c, Manual for Courts-Martial United States, 1951, as amended by paragraphs 2 and 3 of Executive Order No. 10565 of September 28, 1954,
- This order shall become effective on the twentieth day after the date thereof.
The White House,
August 5, 1955.
- Executive Order 10247, May 29, 1951
- See Related:
- Executive Order 10565, September 28, 1954