Executive Order 11957
Executive Order 11957 of January 13, 1977
Designation of Certain Officers to Act as Secretary of Agriculture
By virtue of the authority vested in me by Section 3347 of title 5 and section 301 of title 3 of the United States Code, and as President of the United States of America, it is hereby ordered as follows:
- During any period when, by reason of absence, disability, or vacancy in office, both the Secretary of Agriculture and the Deputy Secretary of Agriculture are not available to exercise the powers or perform the duties of the Office of Secretary, the officers from the Department of Agriculture whose appointments are vested in the President, by and with the advice and consent of the Senate, shall act as Secretary in such order as the Secretary of Agriculture may from time to time prescribe. If no such order of succession is in effect at that time, then such officers shall act as Secretary in the descending order of rank, as established by the listing of their offices in Sections 5314, 5315 or 5316 of Title 5 of the United States Code and, at each level of the Executive Schedule, in the order in which they shall have taken oath as such officers.
- Executive Order No. 11793 of July 10, 1974, is hereby revoked.
- Executive Order 11793, July 10, 1974
- Revoked by:
- Executive Order 13241, December 18, 2001
- See Related:
- Executive Order 7465, October 6, 1936;
- Executive Order 9967, June 12, 1948;
- Executive Order 10481, August 15, 1953;
- Executive Order 13261, March 19, 2002;
- Executive Order 13542, May 13, 2010