Executive Order 12341
By the authority vested in me as President of the United States of America by Section 501 of the Refugee Education Assistance Act of 1980 (8 U.S.C. 1522 note) and Section 301 of Title 3 of the United States Code, and to reassign some responsibilities for providing assistance to Cuban and Haitian entrants, it is hereby ordered as follows:
- The functions vested in the President by Sections 501 (a) and (b) of the Refugee Education Assistance Act of 1980, hereinafter referred to as the Act (8 U.S.C. 1522 note), are delegated to the Secretary of Health and Human Services.
- The Attorney General shall ensure that actions are taken to provide such assistance to Cuban and Haitian entrants as provided for by Section 501(c) of the Act. To that end, the functions vested in the President by Section 501(c) of the Act are delegated to the Attorney General.
- All actions taken pursuant to Executive Order No. 12251 shall continue in effect until superseded by actions under this Order.
- Executive Order No. 12251 of November 15, 1980, is revoked.
The White House,
January 21, 1982.
- The provisions of Executive Order 12341 of Jan. 21, 1982, appear at 47 FR 3341, 3 CFR, 1982 Comp., p. 127, unless otherwise noted.