Executive Order 12819
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Executive Order 12819 of October 28, 1992
Establishing a Presidential Youth Award for Community Service
By the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, including section 12651 of title 42 of the United States Code, it is hereby ordered as follows:
- A youth award for community service is hereby established. The award shall recognize outstanding voluntary community service contributions made by individuals between the ages of 5 and 22.
- The Director of the White House Office of National Service shall establish the criteria for the award. The criteria shall be based upon participation in voluntary community service activity. The award may be bestowed upon any eligible individual who meets the established criteria.
- The selection process for the award shall be administered by the Commission on National and Community Service and the White House Office of National Service. Such other individuals and entities as the Director of the White House Office of National Service deems appropriate may participate in the selection process.
- The award shall be presented by the President, his designee or, designees, or individuals designated by the Director of the White House Office of National Service.
- The name and design of the award shall be approved by the President upon the recommendation of the Director of the White House Office of National Service.
The White House,
October 28, 1992.
- See Related:
- None Available
This work is in the public domain in the United States because it is a work of the United States federal government (see 17 U.S.C. 105).