Executive Order 1422
The Military Reservation of Fort Brown, Texas, having become useless for military purposes, the same is hereby placed under the control of the Secretary of the Interior, under the act of July 5, 1884 (23 Stat. L., 103) for disposition as provided therein, or as may be otherwise provided by law.
This reservation contains an area of 358.8 acres, with metes and bounds as given in General Orders, No. 92, War Department, May 16, 1906. It is situated on the left bank of the Rio Grande River, 22 miles from its mouth direct, or by river about 65 miles. It is immediately adjacent to the city of Brownsville in Cameron County, and opposite to the city of Matamoros, Mexico.
The White House,
- October 14, 1911.