Executive Order 6558
Executive Order 6558 of January 15, 1934
Relating to Receipt of Gold on Consignment by the Mints and Assay Offices
By virtue of the authority vested in me by section 5(b) of the act of October 6, 1917, as amended by section 2 of the act of March 9, 1933, entitled "An Act to Provide Relief in the Existing National Emergency in Banking and for other Purposes", I, Franklin D. Roosevelt, President of the United States of America, do declare that a period of national emergency exists, and by virtue of said authority and of all other authority vested in me, do hereby prescribe the following regulations for receiving gold on consignment for sale:
- The United States mints and assay offices are hereby authorized, subject to such regulations as may from time to time be prescribed by the Secretary of the Treasury, to receive on consignment gold which the mint or assay office concerned is satisfied has not been held in noncompliance with the Executive orders, or the orders of the Secretary of the Treasury, issued under sections 2 and 3 of the act of March 9, 1933, or in noncompliance with any regulations or rulings made thereunder or licenses issued pursuant thereto.
- The Secretary of the Treasury is hereby authorized and empowered to issue such regulations as he may deem necessary to carry out the purposes of this Executive order.
- This Executive order and any regulations issued hereunder may be modified or revoked at any time.
- Executive Order 6359, October 25, 1933
- See Related:
- Not Ascertained
- Revoked by:
- Executive Order 12553, February 25, 1986