Executive Order 9918
Whereas these disputes have not heretofore been adjusted under the provisions of the Railway Labor Act, as amended; and
Whereas these disputes, in the judgment of the national Mediation Board, threaten substantially to interrupt interstate commerce to a degree such as to deprive the country of essential transportation service:
Now, Therefore, by virtue of the authority vested in me by section 10 of the Railway Labor Act, as amended (45 U.S.C. 160) I hereby create a board of three members, to be appointed by me, to investigate the said disputes.
- Each of the carriers involved shall be given independent consideration in such investigation, and the said labor organizations shall be permitted to function as a unit in proceedings before the board.
- No member of the said board shall be pecuniarily or otherwise interested in any organization of railway employees or any carrier.
- The board shall report its findings to the President with respect to the said disputes within thirty days from the date of this order. The report of the board shall contain separate and independent findings with respect to each of the carriers involved.
- As provided by section 10 of the Railway Labor Act, as amended, from this date and for thirty days after the board has made its report to the President, no change, except by agreement, shall be made by any of the carriers involved or their employees in the conditions out of which the said disputes arose.
- Revoked by:
- Executive Order 12553, February 25, 1986
- See Related: