Executive Order 9965
Whereas these disputes have not heretofore been adjusted under the provisions of the Railway Labor Act, as amended; and
Whereas these disputes, in the judgment of the National Mediation Board, threaten substantially to interrupt interstate commerce to a degree such as to deprive a large section of the country of essential transportation service:
Now, Therefore, by virtue of the authority vested in me by section 10 of the Railway Labor Act, as amended (45 U.S.C. 160), I hereby create a board of three members, namely, Grady Lewis, of Washington, D.C., Walter V. Schaefer, of Chicago, Illinois, and Curtis W. Roll, of Kokomo, Indiana, to investigate the said disputes. No member of the said board shall be pecuniarily or otherwise interested in any organization of employees or any carrier.
- The board shall report its findings to the President with respect to the said disputes within thirty days from the date of this order.
- As provided by section 10 of the Railway Labor Act, as amended, from this date and for thirty days after the board has made its report to the President, no change, except by agreement, shall be made by the National Airlines, Inc., or its employees in the conditions out of which the said disputes arose.
- This order supersedes Executive Order No. 9958, dated May 15, 1948.
- Executive Order 9958, May 15, 1948
- Revoked by:
- Executive Order 12553, February 25, 1986