Immorality Amendment Act, 1950
To amend the Immorality Act, 1927, so as to prohibit illicit carnal intercourse between Europeans and non-Europeans, and to provide for matters incidental thereto.
(English text signed by the Governor-General.)
(Assented to 1st May, 1950.)
Be it enacted by the King’s Most Excellent Majesty, the Senate and the House of Assembly of the Union of South Africa, as follows:―
1. Sections one, two and three of the Immorality Act, 1927 (hereinafter referred to as the principal Act), is hereby amended by the substitution for the word “native”, wherever it occurs, of the word “non-European”.
2. The following section is hereby inserted in the principal Act after section two:
3. The following section is hereby substituted for section seven of the principal Act:
4. The following section is hereby inserted in the principal Act after section seven:
5. The long title of the principal Act is hereby amended by the substitution for the word “natives”, of the word “non-Europeans”.
6. This Act shall be called the lmmorality Amendment Act, 1950.