National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2010/Division D
Jump to navigation Jump to search
== DIVISION D — FUNDING TABLES ==
Sec. 4001. Authorization of amounts in funding tables.
- (a) Amounts Specified in Funding Tables Are Authorized by Law.—
- Wherever a funding table in this Division specifies a dollar amount for a project, program, or activity, the obligation and expenditure of the specified dollar amount for the indicated project, program, or activity is hereby authorized by law, subject to the availability of appropriations.
- (b) Merit-based Decisions.—
- Decisions by agency heads to commit, obligate, or expend funds with or to a specific entity on the basis of dollar amount authorized pursuant to subsection (a) shall be based on authorized, transparent, statutory criteria, or merit-based selection procedures in accordance with the requirements of sections 2304(k) and 2374 of title 10, United States Code, and other applicable provisions of law.
- (c) Relationship to Transfer and Reprogramming Authority.—
- This section does not prevent an amount covered by this section from being transferred or reprogrammed under a transfer or reprogramming authority provided by another provision of this Act or by other law. The transfer or reprogramming of an amount specified in a funding table referred to in subsection (a) shall not count against a ceiling on such transfers or reprogrammings under section 1001 of this Act or any other provision of law, unless such transfer or reprogramming would move funds between appropriation accounts.
- (d) Applicability to Classified Annex.—
- This section applies to any classified annex that accompanies this Act.
- (e) Oral and Written Communication.—
- No oral or written communication concerning any amount specified in a funding table referred to in subsection (a) shall supersede the requirements of this section.
|This work is incomplete. If you'd like to help expand it, see the help pages and the style guide, or leave a comment on this work's talk page.|
- Sec. 4201. Research, development, test, and evaluation.
- Sec. 4202. Research, development, test, and evaluation for overseas contingency operations.
- Sec. 4301. Operation and maintenance.
- Sec. 4302. Operation and maintenance for overseas contingency operations.
- Sec. 4401. Other authorizations.
- Sec. 4402. Other authorizations for overseas contingency operations.
- Sec. 4501. Military construction.
- Sec. 4502. 2005 base realignment and closure round FY 2010 project listing.
- Sec. 4503. Military construction for overseas contingency operations.