In a similar way they denote twelve Christian virtues, under the guise of twelve friends, thus—
1. Truth: which delivers man from death.
2. Purity: which brings man to God.
3. Love: where love is, there God is also.
4. Labour: honourable for the body and helpful for the soul.
5. Obedience: a quick way to salvation.
6. Not judginig: salvation without labour.
7. Reasondbleness: the highest of virtues.
8. Mercy: of which Satan himself is afraid.
9. Self-Control: the work of Christ our God Himself. 10. Prayer and fasting: unite man with God. 11. Repentance: there is no higher law or commandment. 12. Thanksgiving: gladsome to God and His higher angels.
We will give, as examples, two of the prayers which are recited at the Spirit - Wrestlers' meetings—
To whom shall I go from Thee, my God; from Thy face to whom shall I run? If I were to ascend to heaven, Thou art there; if I descend into