- (ii) in the case of an unpublished work other than an architectural work of art, the author is at the date of the making of the work a citizen of India or domiciled in India; and
- (iii) in the case of an architectural work of art, the work is located in India.
Explanation.—In the case of a work of joint authorship, the conditions conferring copyright specified in this sub-section shall be satisfied by all the authors of the work.
(3) Copyright shall not subsist—
- (a) in any cinematograph film: if a substantial part of the film is an infringement of the copyright in any other work;
- (b) in any record made in respect of a literary, dramatic or musical work, if in making the record, copyright in such work has been infringed.
(4) The copyright in a cinematograph film or a record shall not affect the separate copyright in any work in respect of which or a substantial part of which, the film, or as the ease may be, the record is made.
(5) In the case of an architectural work of art, copyright shall subsist only in the artistic character and design and shall not extend, to processes or methods of construction.
14. (1) For the purposes of this Act, "copyright" means the Meaning of copyright.copyright, exclusive right, by virtue of and subject to the provisions of, this Act,—
- (a) in the case of a literary, dramatic or musical work, to do and authorise the doing of any of the following acts, namely:—
- (i) to reproduce the work in any /material form;
- (ii) to publish the work;
- (iii) to perform the work in public;
- (iv) to produce, reproduce, perform or publish any translation of the work;
- (v) to make any cinematograph film or a record in respect of the work;
- (vi) to communicate the work by radio-diffusion or to communicate to the public by a loud-speaker or any other similar instrument the radio-diffusion of the work;
- (vii) to make any adaptation of the work;
- (viii) to do in relation to a translation or an adaptation of the work any of the acts specified in relation to the work in clauses (i) to (vi);