(3) In calculating the period of three months provided for an appeal under this section, the time taken in granting a certified copy of the order or record of the decision appealed against shall be excluded.
73. The High Court may make rules consistent with this Act as Procedure for appeals.to the procedure to be followed in respect of appeals made to it for appeals under section 72 .
74. The Registrar of Copyrights and the Copyright Board shall Registrar of Copyrights and Copyright Board to possess certain powers of civil courts.have the powers of a civil court when trying a suit under the Code of 5 of 1908.Civil Procedure, 1908, in respect of the following matters, namely:-
- (a) summoning, and enforcing the attendance of any person and examining him on oath;
- (b) requiring the discovery and production of any document;
- (c) receiving evidence on affidavits;
- (d) issuing commissions for the examination of witnesses or documents;
- (e) requisitioning any public record or copy thereof from any court or office;
- (f) any other matter which may be prescribed.
Explanation.-For the purpose of enforcing the attendance of witnesses, the local limits of the jurisdiction of the Registrar of Copyrights or the Copyright Board, as the case may be, shall be the limits of the territory of India.
75. Every order made by the Registrar of Copyrights or the Orders for payment of money passed by Registrar of Copyrights and Copyright Board to be executable as a decree.Copyright Board under this Act for the payment of any money or by the High Court in any appeal against any such order of the Copyright Board shall, on a certificate issued by the Registrar of Copyrights, the Copyright Board or the Registrar of the High court as the case may be, be deemed to be a decree of a civil court and shall be, executable in the same manner as a decree of such court.
76. No suit or other legal proceeding shall lie against any person Protection of action taken in good faith.in respect of anything which is in good faith done or intended to be done in pursuance of this Act.