77. Certain persons to be public servants.Every officer appointed under this Act and every member of the Copyright Board shall be deemed to be a public servant within the meaning of section 21 of the Indian Penal Code.45 of 1860.
78. (1) Power to make rules.The Central Government may, by notification in the make rules Official Gazette, make rules for carrying out the purposes of this Act.
(2) In particular, and without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing power, the Central Government may make rules to provide for all or any of the following matters, namely:—
- (a) the term of office and conditions of service of the Chairman and other members of the Copyright Board;
- (b) the form of complaints and applications to be made, and the licences to be granted, under this Act;
- (c) the procedure to be followed in connection with any proceeding before the Registrar of Copyrights;
- (d) the manner of determining any royalties payable under this Act, and the security to be taken for the payment of such royalties;
- (e) the form of Register of Copyrights to: be kept under this Act and the particulars to be entered therein;
- (f) the matters in respect of which the Registrar of Copyrights and the Copyright Board shall have powers of a civil court;
- (g) the fees which may be payable under this Act;
- (h) the regulation of business of the Copyright Office and of all things by this Act placed under the direction or control of the Registrar of Copyrights.
(3) All rules made under this section shall, as soon as may be after they are made, be laid before both Houses of Parliament for not less than thirty days and shall be subject to such modifications as Parliament may make during the session in which they are so laid or the session immediately following.
79. (1) Repeals, savings and transitional provisions.The Indian Copyright Act, 1914, and the Copyright Act 3 of 1914.of 1911 passed by the Parliament of the United Kingdom as modified in its application to India by the Indian Copyright Act, 1914, are 3 of 1914.hereby repealed.(2) Where any person has, before the commencement of this Act, taken any action whereby he has incurred any expenditure or liabilities in connection with the reproduction or performance of any
- For the Copyright Rules, 1958, see Gazette of India, Extraordinary, Part II, Section 3, page 167.