197. If anyone fractures the bones of another, the guilty one, upon conviction, shall have his bones fractured in punishment therefor.
198. If anyone destroys the eye of a freedman or fractures the bones of a freedman, he, upon conviction thereof, is to pay 1 "mine" of money [as a fine].
199. If anyone destroys the eye or fractures the bones of anyone's slave, he, upon conviction thereof, is to pay ½ of his value [to the owner of the slave].
200. If anyone knocks out the teeth of one, his equal [in rank], his teeth are to be knocked out, upon conviction of the offence.
201. If he has knocked out the teeth of a freedman, he is to pay ⅓ of a "mine" of money [as a fine].
202. If anyone commits assault and battery upon the person of another one of higher rank than himself, he is publicly to receive 60 lashes with the oxhide [upon conviction of the offence].
203. When a freeman commits assault and battery upon another freeman of equal rank he shall pay 1 "mine" of money [to him in damages].
204. If a freedman commits assault and battery upon a freedman, he is to pay 10 shekels of money [to that freedman so assaulted].
205. If the slave of a freeman commits assault and battery on a freeman, his ear is to be cut off as a penalty therefor [upon conviction].
206. If anyone assaults another in a fight and gives him a wound, and upon oath declares he did so without intent, he shall pay the doctor [and be discharged from further punishment].
207. If the assaulted person dies of the blow the aggressor shall, under oath, state that he did not intend to kill; if the decedent be a freeborn person, he shall pay ½ a "mine" of money as a fine [upon conviction of the offence].
208. If the decedent was a freedman, he is to pay ⅓ of a "mine."
209. If anyone strikes a freeborn woman, who is pregnant and thereby causes a miscarriage, the assailant, upon conviction, shall pay 10 shekels of money to the injured party in damages.
210. If the woman dies, then the assailant's daughter shall be killed.
211. If a woman of the freed classes suffers a miscarriage through the assailant's blow, he shall pay 5 shekels of money [to her in damages if convicted].
212. If the woman dies of the assault the assailant shall pay ½ a "mine" as a fine.
213. If the woman assailed is someone's servant and she suffers a miscarriage thereby, the assailant shall pay 2 shekels of money [as penalty upon conviction].
214. If the servant dies he is to pay ⅓ of a "mine."
215. If a doctor performs an operation upon a patient [freeborn] and thereby cures the patient, or if he opens a tumor of the eye by an operation with a knife and the eye is saved thereby, the doctor is to receive 10 shekels of money for his services.
216. If the patient is a freedman the doctor shall receive 5 shekels.
217. If the patient is anyone's slave, the owner is to give the doctor 2 shekels.
218. If a surgeon makes a severe wound with the operating knife on a patient, and the patient dies; or opens a tumor of the eye on anyone and the eye is lost, the surgeon shall have his hands chopped off.