|Priest.||Let us pray.|
Then, all kneeling,
|Have mercy upon us, O God, after Thy great goodness;|
|Answer.||According to the multitude of Thy mercies do away our transgressions.|
|Priest.||Turn us again, O God of Hosts;|
|Answer.||And let Thine anger cease from us.|
|Priest.||O God, make speed to save us;|
|Answer.||O Lord, make haste to help us.|
And, all standing up,
|Priest.||Glory be to the Father, and to the Son; and to the Holy Ghost.|
|Answer.||As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be: world without end. Amen.|
Then shall be said these Psalms.
PSALM IV. Cum invocarem.
1. Hear me when I call, O God of my righteousness; Thou hast set me at liberty when I was in trouble: have mercy on me, and hearken unto my prayer.
2. O ye sons of men, how long will ye blaspheme mine honour: and have such pleasure in vanity, and seek after leasing?
3. Know this also, that the Lord hath chosen to Himself the man that is godly: when I call upon the Lord, He will hear me.
4. Stand in awe, and sin not: commune with your own heart, and in your chamber, and be still.
5. Offer the sacrifice of righteousness: and put your trust in the Lord.
6. There be many that say: Who will shew us any good?