- 'Paste' in Frank Leslie's Popular Magazine 49 (2) (December): 175—189.
- — First publication in any form
- "Paste" in The Soft Side (London: Methuen & Co., 1900): 63–84.
- — First English book edition
- "Paste" in The Soft Side (New York: The Macmillan Company, 1900): 52–70.
- — First American book edition
- "Paste" in The Novels and Tales of Henry James 16 (New York: Scribner, 1907–09): 315–337.
- — The "New York Edition"; revised for publication by James; this is the last revised version published in James' lifetime.
- "Paste" in The Author of Beltraffio, The Middle Years, Greville Fane, and Other Tales (London: Macmillan, 1922): 279–298.
- — Volume 21 of The Novels and Stories of Henry James, the first posthumous collection of James' works; uses the New York Edition text.
- Paste (Unsourced text)
- — An unsourced copy that uses the New York Edition text