- Sikhim and Bhutan-Twenty-one years on the North-East Frontier 1887-1908 (1909) by J. Claude White. (External scan)
- “Bhutan” in The Nuttall Encyclopædia by James Wood, London: Frederick Warne and Co., Ltd., 1907.
- “Bhutan”, in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911
- “Bhutan” in The World Factbook by the CIA, 1982.
- “Bhutan” in The World Factbook by the CIA, 1990.
- “Bhutan” in The World Factbook by the CIA, 2004.
- “Bhutan, Maharaja of; His Highness Maharaja Sri Sri Sri Sri Sri Sir Ugyean Wangchuck” in The Indian Biographical Dictionary (1915)
- "BHUTAN— His Highness Maharaja Sri Sri Sri Sri Sri Sir Ugyen Wangchuk, K. C. S. I., K. C. I. E." in Who's Who in India Supplement 1 (1912).
- Eden, Sir Ashley - the first civilian governor of British Burma.
- United Nations Security Council Resolution 292 (February 10, 1971)