- "Brazilian Diamonds and their Origin", by Claude-Henri Gorceix in Popular Science Monthly Volume 21, September 1882.
- Brazil, Its Conditions and Prospects, 1887 by Christopher Columbus Andrews (transcription project)
- Hino Nacional do Brasil, 1822, national anthem of Brazil
- Guanabara Confession (1558) by Jean du Bourdel, Matthieu Verneuil and Pierre Bourdon e André la Fon
- "The Convict-Island of Brazil-Fernando de Noronha", by John Casper Branner in Popular Science Monthly Volume 35, May 1889
- Brazilian and United States Slavery Compared (1922) by Herbert B. Alexander
- "Brazil, Emperor of," in Men of the Time, eleventh edition.
- Exploration of the Valley of the Amazon, Vol.I, 1853 by William Lewis Herndon
- Exploration of the Valley of the Amazon, Vol. II, 1854 by Lardner Gibbon
- Through the Brazilian Wilderness, 1914 by Theodore Roosevelt
- Statute Of The Primeiro Comando da Capital, late 20th century by the Primeiro Comando da Capital (PCC), translated by David Lee Wilson
- “Brazil” in The Nuttall Encyclopædia by James Wood, London: Frederick Warne and Co., Ltd., 1907.
- “Brazil,” in Catholic Encyclopedia, New York: The Encyclopaedia Press (1913)
- “Brazil, The United States of,” in The New Student's Reference Work, Chicago: F.E. Compton and Co. (1914)
- “Brazil” in The World Factbook by the CIA, 1982.
- “Brazil” in The World Factbook by the CIA, 1990.
- “Brazil” in The World Factbook by the CIA, 2004.