Jump to navigation Jump to search
- See Portal:Buddhist sutras and below
Texts from Sacred Books of the East
- The Dhammapada and The Sutta-Nipâta, a collection of discourses; being one of the canonical books of the Buddhists, translated from Pāli; and The Dhammapada, a collection of verses, translated from Pāli
- Buddhist Suttas. The Mahâ-parinibbâna Suttanta, The Dhamma-kakka-ppavattana Sutta, The Tevigga Suttanta, The Âkankheyya Sutta, The Ketokhila Sutta, The Mahâ-Sudassana Suttanta, The Sabbâsava Sutta.
- Vinaya Texts, vol. 1 of 3. The Patimokkha. The Mahavagga, I-IV.
- Vinaya Texts, vol. 2 of 3. The Mahavagga, V-X, the Kullavagga I-II.
- The Fo-sho-hing-tsan-king, a life of Buddha, by Ashvaghosha, Bodhisattva; translated from Sanskrit into Chinese by Dharmaraksha, A. D. 420.
- Vinaya Texts, vol. 3 of 3. the Kullavagga, IV-XII.
- The Saddharma-Pundarika or The Lotus of the True Law.
- The Questions of King Milinda, vol. 1 of 2. Milindapañha.
- The Questions of King Milinda, vol. 2 of 2. Milindapañha.
- Buddhist Mahâyâna Texts. Part 1. The Buddha-karita of Asvaghosha, translated from the Sanskrit by E. B. Cowell. Part 2. The larger Sukhâvatî-vyûha, the smaller Sukhâvatî-vyûha, the Vagrakkedikâ, the larger Pragñâ-pâramitâ-hridaya-sûtra, the smaller Pragñâ-pâramitâ-hridaya-sûtra, translated by F. Max Müller. The Amitâyur dhyâna-sûtra, translated by J. Takakusu.
- The Gateless Gate, 1228 by Ekai (also called Mumon), translated (1934) by Nyogen Senzaki and Paul Reps
- The Wheel of the Law: Buddhism by Henry Alabaster, 1871. IA
- Buddhism by Annie H. Small, 1905. IA
- Buddha And The Gospel Of Buddhism by Ananda Coomaraswamy, 1916. IA
- The Gospel Of Buddha by Paul Carus, 1917. IA
- Buddhist Catechism by Subhadra Bhikshu, 1915 trans. IA
- Jinalankara, ("Embellishments of Buddha") by Buddharakkhita, translated by James Gray pre-1899. IA
- Avada'na S'ataka, translated in 1882 by Rajendralala Mitra as part of Sanskrit Buddhist Literature of Nepal
- Amitabha's forty-eight vows
- The Beatitudes of Gautama
- Nichiren, the Buddhist Prophet 
- Buddhism and Buddhists in China, by Lewis Hodus
- Buddhism as Religion: Its Historical Development and Present-Day Condition in all its Countries by H. Hackmann (German), trans. by Miss Kemp. pre-1909
- Buddhism: its History and Literature by T. W. Rhys Davids, 1896. New Edition 1926 IA
- Early Buddhism by T. W. Rhys Davids, 1908. IA
- Siamese Missions to Ceylon in the 18th Century, by Oskar Frankfurter (1907)
- The Legends and Theories of the Buddhists, by R. Spence Hardy, pre-1899. IA
- Yasuhiro Sueki: Bibliographical Sources for Buddhist Studies from the Viewpoint of Buddhist Philology. Version 1.4, 2014 International College for Postgraduate Buddhist Studies