- Essays on Political Economy, 1873 by Frédéric Bastiat
- The Forgotten Man and Other Essays, 1896 by William Graham Sumner
- The Financial Administration of Great Britain, publisehd by the Institute for Government Research, pre-1917
- The Budget, 1917 by Rene Stourm
- Principles Governing the Retirement of Public Employees, pre-1917 by Lewis Meriam
- Taxation in American States and Cities, pre-1917 by Richard T. Ely
- The Labor Movement in America, pre-1917 by Richard T. Ely
- "On our Banking System", by Logan Grant McPherson in Popular Science Monthly Volume 49, July 1896
- "The Future of National Banking", by E. R. Leland in Popular Science Monthly Volume 27, August 1885
- A History of Banking in all the Leading Nations (in four volumes), 1896, (wikipedia article)
- Vol. 1: A History of Banking in the United States, 1896 by William Graham Sumner (transcription project)
- Vol. 2: "Great Britain," by Henry Dunning Macleod; "The Russian Empire," by A.E. Horn; "Savings Banks in the United States," by John Pomeroy Townsend.
- Vol. 3: "The Latin Nations," by P. Des Essars; "The Banks of Alsace-Lorraine after the Annexation," by Arthur Germanovich Raffalovich; "Canada," by Byron Edmund Walker.
- Vol. 4: "Germany and Austria-Hungary," by Max Wirth; "The Netherlands," by Richard van der Borght; "The Scandinavian Nations," by Adolph Ludvig Otto Jensen; "Japan," by Juichi Soyeda; "China," by Thomas Roberts Jernigan.
- The Bank of England and the State, 1905 by Felix Schuster
- “Banks and Banking,” in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911
- “Federal Reserve Banking System,” Encyclopædia Britannica (12th ed.), 1922.
- "Origin and History of Life Insurance I", by Theodore Wehle in Popular Science Monthly Volume 19, August 1881
- "Modern Basis of Life Insurance II", by Theodore Wehle in Popular Science Monthly Volume 19, September 1881
- "The Practical Business of Life Insurance III", by Theodore Wehle in Popular Science Monthly Volume 19, October 1881
- The Story of Life Insurance, 1907 by Burton J. Hendrick
- "The Life Insurance Company as a Dynamic in the Movement for Physical Welfare", in Popular Science Monthly Volume 82, April 1913
- "A Chapter in Fire Insurance", in Popular Science Monthly Volume 26, April 1885
- "Lawsuit or Legacy", in Popular Science Monthly Volume 31, July 1887
- "The Debasement of Coinages", by E. R. Leland in Popular Science Monthly Volume 12, March 1878
- "The Decrease of Gold", by F. von Briesen in Popular Science Monthly Volume 22, February 1883
- "Copper, Steel, and Bank-Note Engraving", in Popular Science Monthly Volume 46, March 1895
- The History of Fiat Money and Currency Inflation in New England from 1620 to 1789, (1898) by Frank Fenwick McLeod
- Subclass HG on Project Gutenberg