- “Tripoli” in The Nuttall Encyclopædia by James Wood, London: Frederick Warne and Co., Ltd., 1907.
- “Libya” in The Nuttall Encyclopædia by James Wood, London: Frederick Warne and Co., Ltd., 1907.
- “Prefecture Apostolic of Tripoli,” in Catholic Encyclopedia, 1913.
- “Libya” in The World Factbook by the CIA, 1982.
- “Libya” in The World Factbook by the CIA, 2004.
- The Children of AIDS in Libya, by Abu Yahya al-Libi (External scan)
- Allahu Akbar, national anthem adopted in 1969 from an earlier song
United States of America
- Executive Order 12538, November 15, 1985 by Ronald Reagan: Imports of Refined Petroleum Products From Libya
- Executive Order 12543, January 8, 1986 by Ronald Reagan: Blocking Libyan Government Property in the United States or Held by U.S. Persons
- Executive Order 12544, January 7, 1986 by Ronald Reagan: Prohibiting Trade and Certain Transactions Involving Libya
- Executive Order 12801, April 15, 1992 by George Herbert Walker Bush: Barring Overflight, Takeoff, and Landing of Aircraft Flying to or from Libya
- Executive Order 13357, September 20, 2004 by George Walker Bush: Termination of Emergency Declared in Executive Order 12543 With Respect to the Policies and Actions of the Government of Libya and Revocation of Related Executive Orders
- Executive Order 13477, October 31, 2008 by George Walker Bush: Settlement of Claims Against Libya
- Executive Order 13566, February 25, 2011 by Barack Obama: Blocking Property and Prohibiting Certain Transactions Related to Libya
- United Nations Security Council Resolution 109, 14 December 1955: Admission of Libya and 15 other countries as members of the United Nations
- United Nations Security Council Resolution 1970, 26 February 2011: Sanctions against Libya and call for an end to violence
- United Nations Security Council Resolution 1973, 17 March 2011: Authorisation of no-fly zone and all necessary measures to protect civilians