- “New Orleans” by James Burns in The American Cyclopædia, 1879.
- “New Orleans” by G. W. Cable in Encyclopædia Britannica (9th ed.), 1884.
- “New Orleans” in The Nuttall Encyclopædia by James Wood, London: Frederick Warne and Co., Ltd., 1907.
- “New Orleans”, in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911
- “Archdiocese of New Orleans,” by Marie Louise Points in Catholic Encyclopedia, New York: The Encyclopaedia Press (1913)
- “New Orleans,” in Collier's New Encyclopedia, New York: P. F. Collier & Son Co. (1921)
- Hurricane Katrina and Global Warming by Al Gore (2005)
- Hurricane Katrina state of emergency declaration by Office of the Press Secretary (2005)
- Q&As on unwatering New Orleans by United States Army Corps of Engineers