Rules of the Foot-Ball Club of Edinburgh dating from 1833, found in handwritten notes by the club's founder John Hope.
2406003Rules of The Foot-Ball Club of Edinburghby John Hope1833
1. Single-soled shoes, no iron.
2. No tripping.
3. Ball to pass imaginary line.
4. A free kick if ball out of bounds.
5. Pushing is allowed. Holding not illegal.
6. Allow the ball to be lifted between fields.
This work is in the public domain in the United States because it was published before January 1, 1924.
The author died in 1924, so this work is also in the public domain in countries and areas where the copyright term is the author's life plus 80 years or less. This work may also be in the public domain in countries and areas with longer native copyright terms that apply the rule of the shorter term to foreign works.