Second Higher Education Extension Act of 2007
Jump to navigation Jump to search
110TH UNITED STATES CONGRESS
To temporarily extend the programs under the Higher Education Act of 1965, and for other purposes.
- Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled,
SECTION 1. SHORT TITLE.
- This Act may be cited as the ``Second Higher Education Extension Act of 2007´´.
SEC. 2. EXTENSION OF PROGRAMS.
- Section 2(a) of the Higher Education Extension Act of 2005 (Public Law 109-81; 20 U.S.C. 1001 note) is amended by striking ``July 31, 2007´´” and inserting ``October 31, 2007´´.
SEC. 3. RULE OF CONSTRUCTION.
- Nothing in this Act, or in the Higher Education Extension Act of 2005 as amended by this Act, shall be construed to limit or otherwise alter the authorizations of appropriations for, or the durations of, programs contained in the amendments made by the Higher Education Reconciliation Act of 2005 (Public Law 109-171) to the provisions of the Higher Education Act of 1965 and the Taxpayer-Teacher Protection Act of 2004.
Approved July 31, 2007.
- S. 1868
- CONGRESSIONAL RECORD, Vol. 153 (2007):
- July 24, considered and passed Senate.
- July 25, considered and passed House.