See Saw, Margery Daw
Jump to navigation Jump to search
"Penny a day" variant
- "Penny a-Day" in Tommy Thumb's Song Book by Nurse Lovechild (1815 edition).
- "See-saw, Margery Daw" (1) in A Book of Nursery Rhymes by Charles Welsh (1901).
- "See-Saw, Margery Daw" in The Child's Own Music Book by Albert Ernest Wier (1918).
"Sold her bed" variant
- Quoted in full in "The Folk Lore of a Cornish Village" in Notes and Queries, Series 1, Volume 11 (1855).
- "Nursery Jingle XXXI" in A Book of Nursery Songs and Rhymes by Sabine Baring-Gould (1895).
- "See-saw, Margery Daw" (2) in A Book of Nursery Rhymes by Charles Welsh (1901).
- "See-Saw, sacaradown", edited by William Fayal Clarke, illustrated by Arthur Rackham, in The Nursery Rhymes of Mother Goose (October 1913)