The Altar of the Dead
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- "The Altar of the Dead" in Terminations (London: William Heinemann, 1895): 201–260.
- — English issue of the first book edition
- "The Altar of the Dead" in Terminations (New York: Harper and Brothers, 1895): 185–242.
- — American issue of the first book edition.
- "The Altar of the Dead" in The Novels and Tales of Henry James 17: 3–58.
- — The "New York Edition"; revised for publication by James; this is the last revised version published in James' lifetime.
- The Altar of the Dead (London: Martin Secker, 1915)
- — Part of "The Uniform Tales of Henry James"; uses the New York Edition text.
- "The Altar of the Dead" in The Altar of the Dead, The Beast in the Jungle, The Birthplace, and Other Tales (London: Macmillan & Co., 1922): 3–51.
- — Volume 22 of The Novels and Stories of Henry James, the first posthumous collection of James' works; uses the "New York Edition" text.
- The Altar of the Dead (unsourced edition)
- — An unsourced edition, using the New York Edition text, including the Author's Preface