The New International Encyclopædia/Fort Yellowstone
FORT YELLOWSTONE. A United States military post, established in 1886, and formerly Camp Sheridan (1874). The reservation comprises 28 acres on Beaver Creek, and is eight miles from Cinnabar on the Northern Pacific Railroad, within the limits of Yellowstone National Park. The post-office and telegraph station (June to October) is Mammoth Hot Springs, near the post; and telegraph station (October to May) Cinnabar, Mont. The garrison is one company of cavalry, and has charge of the Yellowstone National Park.