The New International Encyclopædia/Harrison (Arkansas)

From Wikisource
Jump to navigation Jump to search

HAR′RISON. A town and the county-seat of Boone County, Ark., 45 miles southeast of Eureka Springs; on the Saint Louis and North Arkansas Railroad (Map: Arkansas, B 1). It has a collegiate and normal institute for women, and a Government building ($75,000) in process of construction (1902). The town is in a fertile district adapted to fruit-growing, and interested in lead and zinc mining. There are several flour-mills and other industrial establishments. Population, in 1890, 1438; in 1900, 1551.