1. WITH songs of praise we call on thee, we kindle thee with songs of praise,
Agni, -with songs of praise, for help.
2. Eager for wealth, we meditate Agni's effectual praise to-day,
Praise of the God who touches heaven.
3. May Agni, Priest among mankind, take pleasure in our songs of praise,
And worship the Celestial Folk.
4. Thou, Agni, art spread widely forth, Priest dear and excellent; through thee
Men make the sacrifice complete.
5. Singers exalt thee, Agni, well lauded, best giver of our strength:
So grant thou us heroic might.
6. Thou Agni, as the felly rings the spokes, encompassest the Gods.
1. yearn for bounty manifold.