1. ENKINDLING the Immortal, wake Agni with song of praise: may he bear our oblations to the Gods.
2. At high solemnities mortal men glorify him the Immortal, best
At sacrifice among mankind.
3. That he may bear their gifts to heaven, all glorify him Agni, God,
With ladle that distilleth oil.
4. Agni shone bright when born, with light killing the Dasyus and the dark:
He found the Kine, the Floods, the Sun.
5. Serve Agni, God adorable, the Sage whose back is balmed with oil:
Let him approach, and hear my call.
6. They have exalted Agni, God of all mankind, with oil and hymns
Of praise, devout and eloquent.