The Tragedy of Macbeth
||The source document of this text is not known.
Please see this document's talk page for details for verification. "Source" means a location at which other users can find a copy of this work. Ideally this will be a scanned copy of the original that can be uploaded to Wikimedia Commons and proofread. If not, it is preferably a URL; if one is not available, please explain on the talk page.
DRAMATIS PERSONAE (Persons Represented):
- DUNCAN, King of Scotland.
- MALCOLM, his Son.
- DONALBAIN, his Son.
- MACBETH, General in the King's Army.
- BANQUO, General in the King's Army.
- MACDUFF, Nobleman of Scotland.
- LENNOX, Nobleman of Scotland.
- ROSS, Nobleman of Scotland.
- MENTEITH, Nobleman of Scotland.
- ANGUS, Nobleman of Scotland.
- CAITHNESS, Nobleman of Scotland.
- FLEANCE, Son to Banquo.
- SIWARD, Earl of Northumberland, General of the English Forces.
- YOUNG SIWARD, his Son.
- SEYTON, an Officer attending on Macbeth.
- BOY, Son to Macduff.
- An English Doctor. A Scottish Doctor. A Soldier. A Porter. An Old Man.
- LADY MACBETH.
- LADY MACDUFF.
- Gentlewoman attending on Lady Macbeth.
- HECATE,and three Witches.
- Lords, Gentlemen, Officers, Soldiers, Murderers, Attendants, and Messengers.
- The Ghost of Banquo and several other Apparitions.
SCENE: In the end of the Fourth Act, in England; through the rest of the Play, in Scotland; and chiefly at Macbeth's Castle.