Translation:İstiklâl Marşı (2)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
For other English-language translations of this work, see İstiklâl Marşı.
- Fear not! This crimson flag rippling in the twilight will never fade,
- The last hearth burning above my nation,
- It is my nation’s star, it will shine,
- It is mine and for my nation solely.
- Frown not coy crescent for I am ready to die for you
- Smile upon my heroic race. Why this anger? Why this wrath?
- (Frown not) lest our blood shed for you be unblessed.
- It is the right of my nation, who worships Truth; Independence!
- From the beginning I have lived free and I will live free,
- What lunatic claims he will shackle me? I’m astonished!
- I’m like a roaring flood; I will trample my barrier and surmount it.
- I’ll tear the mountains, even oceans won't contain me and I will erupt.
- If horizons of the west is surrounded by a steel plated wall,
- I have a frontier like my bosom full of faith!
- Let it howl, do not be afraid, how can it throttle a faith such as this?
- What you call "The Civilized (World)" is but a monster with only a single tooth left.
- My friend, do not allow scoundrels to tread (cause disaster) in my homeland,
- Make your body a shield (renounce yourself in jihad), and stop this shameless flow (attack on ourselves)
- There will come the days your lord has promised you (of His bounty)
- Who knows? Maybe tomorrow, maybe sooner than tomorrow.
- Do not pass over the ground you walk on and think of it as only dirt! Recognise (ponder over it)
- Think about the thousands lying under it un-shrouded (dumped, not given a proper burial)
- You are the descendant of those who died in the path of your Lord (martyrs), don’t alter this (tradition), it would be a pity.
- Even if you were to attain the worlds, do not give up this heavenly nation.
- Who wouldn’t sacrifice themselves for this land, beautiful like paradise?
- If you squeezed earth, martyrs would gush out of it!
- Let God, the saviour of souls, take my soul, my beloved, my everything;
- but only let him not separate me from my homeland, ever!
- My soul’s request from you is only this:
- Let not the bosom of my temple be touched by strange hands
- It is these adhans, whose shahadas are the foundation of The Religion,
- That should eternally echo(wail) above my nation.
- Then ecstatically one-thousand prostrations – if I should have any sense
- With every surge, My Lord, emptied (forgotten) are my painful years,
- My soul will gush out as if from the purist of man (because God forgives the previous sins with the first drop of blood spilt for his cause in struggle (Jihad))
- Than maybe I will be raised to arsa (The highest level of heaven)
- So ripple now like the twilight oh glorious crescent moon
- Blessed now be every drop of blood I drop for you
- There is never an end for you, no submission for my race
- Freedom is the right of my flag (nation) who has lived free,
- It is the right (of my nation), who worships God. My nation’s Independence!