United Nations Security Council Resolution 1406
Adopted unanimously by the Security Council at its 4523rd meeting, on 30 April 2002
The Security Council,
Recalling all its previous resolutions on Western Sahara, in particular resolution 1394 (2002) of 27 February 2002,
1. Decides to extend the mandate of United Nations Mission for the Referendum in Western Sahara (MINURSO) until 31 July 2002 in order to consider further the report of the Secretary-General of 19 February 2002 (S/2002/178);
2. Decides to remain seized of the matter.
This work is excerpted from an official document of the United Nations. The policy of this organisation is to keep most of its documents in the public domain in order to disseminate "as widely as possible the ideas (contained) in the United Nations Publications".
- Official records (proceedings of conferences, verbatim and summary records, …)
- United Nations documents issued with a UN symbol
- Public information material designed primarily to inform the public about United Nations activities (not including public information material that is offered for sale).
Public domainPublic domainfalse