United Nations Security Council Resolution 432
Adopted unanimously at the 2082nd meeting.
The Security Council,
Recalling its resolutions 385 (1976) of 30 January 1976 and 431 (1978) of 27 July 1978,
Reaffirming in particular the provisions of resolution 385 (1976) relating to the territorial integrity and unity of Namibia,
Taking note of paragraph 7 of General Assembly Resolution 32/9 D of 4 November 1977, in which the Assembly declares that Walvis Bay is an integral part of Namibia,
- 1. Declares that the territorial integrity and unity of Namibia must be assured through the reintegration of Walvis Bay within its territory;
- 2. Decides to lend its full support to the initiation of steps necessary to ensure early reintegration of Walvis Bay into Namibia;
- 3. Declares that, pending the attainment of this objective, South Africa must not use Walvis Bay in any manner prejudicial to the independence of Namibia or the viability of its economy;
- 4. Decides to remain seized of the matter until Walvis Bay is fully reintegrated into Namibia.
This work is excerpted from an official document of the United Nations. The policy of this organisation is to keep most of its documents in the public domain in order to disseminate "as widely as possible the ideas (contained) in the United Nations Publications".
Pursuant to UN Administrative Instruction ST/AI/189/Add.9/Rev.2 available in English only, these documents are in the public domain worldwide:
- Official records (proceedings of conferences, verbatim and summary records, …)
- United Nations documents issued with a UN symbol
- Public information material designed primarily to inform the public about United Nations activities (not including public information material that is offered for sale).