Wikisource:Community collaboration/Monthly Challenge/Themes
- Each month, the Wikisource community selects a few texts to proofread and validate.
- The texts are featured for a maximum of three months with a few exceptions.
- The challenge builds Wikisource's core collection and helps introduce new users to Wikisource.
- Wikisource seeks to make free, scan-backed ebooks accessible to everyone.
The Monthly Challenge has multiple themes that recur across each month. Generally, a broad cross-section of themes is aimed for in each challenge.
Some themes (like "Science") are field-based, some (like "Novels" and "Periodicals") concern the publication format, while others have a focus on human issues such as minority, LGBT+ and women's rights, colonialism and slavery, into which Wikisource's collection can provide uniquely contemporaneous views and primary material. Finally, some meta-themes are related to either the copyright status of the works or internal Wikisource backlogs.
- Women Writers
- Western Colonialism
Wikisource and copyright
- Celebrating the Public Domain