|←Author Index: Sa||Sappho
|Greek poet who was born on the isle of Lesbos ca. 630-612 BC. She died in 570 BC.|
Works about Sappho
- “Sappho” from Chapter XXV of The Age of Fable by Thomas Bulfinch (1855)
- “Sappho” in The Nuttall Encyclopædia by James Wood, London: Frederick Warne and Co., Ltd., 1907.
- “Sappho” by John Arthur Platt in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911
- “Sappho,” The New Student's Reference Work, Chicago: F.E. Compton and Co., 1914.
- “Sappho” in The Encyclopedia Americana. New York, 1920.
- “To Sappho Dead” a poem from Poems, Volume I, by Florence Earle Coates (1916)
- “Sappho” a poem from Poems, Volume II, by Florence Earle Coates (1916)
- “Sappho” by Christina Rossetti
- “Sappho” from Helen of Troy and Other Poems by Sara Teasdale
- “Sappho” from Rivers to the Sea by Sara Teasdale
- “A Modern Sappho” by Matthew Arnold
Works by this author published before January 1, 1923 are in the public domain worldwide because the author died at least 100 years ago. Translations or editions published later may be copyrighted. Posthumous works may be copyrighted based on how long they have been published in certain countries and areas.