Author:William George Aston
|←Author Index: As||William George Aston
|British consular official in Japan and Korea.|
- Nihongi: Chronicles of Japan from the Earliest Times to A.D. 697 (as translator, 1896)
- A History of Japanese Literature (1899)
- In Praise of Japan (No. 2 from Man'yōshū, the poem is attributed to Emperor Jomei)
From Arakida Moritake
From Nishiyama Sōin
From Matsuo Basho
- A cloud of flowers
- Ah! the waving lespedeza
- An ancient pond
- I come weary
- Of Miidera
- On a whithered branch
- The cry of the cicada
- 'Tis the first snow
Works about Aston
- “Aston, William George,” The New International Encyclopædia. New York: Dodd, Mead and Co., 1905.
- “Aston, William George,” in Dictionary of National Biography Second Supplement, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1912) in 3 vols.
Works by this author published before January 1, 1923 are in the public domain worldwide because the author died at least 100 years ago. Translations or editions published later may be copyrighted. Posthumous works may be copyrighted based on how long they have been published in certain countries and areas.